Your privacy is important to us at MyHomie.com.
We know you care how your information is used and shared, and we value your trust. We want our service to help families and roommates live together through simple fun and convenience. MyHomie is designed to manage your home by sharing information with whomever you choose. You decide how much information you feel comfortable sharing and you control how it is distributed through your Settings
MyHomie defaults all personal transactions to Private and all other transactions to Public, i.e., everyone in your home (or anyone with whom you share your MyHomie account). So if you are involved in a transaction you can see it. MyHomie's Neighborhood content and features connect you to the outside world, so all Neighborhood info is part of the public domain where other MyHomie Members are connected (see Terms of Service
, 6. Neighborhood Content). You should review your settings or change each transaction if necessary to reflect your preferences.
How MyHomie uses the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at MyHomie. Here are the types of information we gather.
When you visit the MyHomie website, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
If you open an account, we typically collect the following types of information from you:
Before permitting you to use our Service, we may require you to provide additional information we can use to verify your identity or address or manage risk, such as your date of birth or other information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
- Contact information - your name, address, zip code, phone, email, and other similar information
- Financial information - the full bank account numbers and credit card numbers that you may eventually link to your MyHomie account
When you are using our Service, we collect information about your account transactions and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes.
To help us make email communications more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from MyHomie if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Settings
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team, MyHomie “Store”, or save results when you respond to a survey or newsletter. We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) that make MyHomie easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and MyHomie. For example, we use them to store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login whenever you come back to MyHomie. We may also use them to confirm that you are logged into MyHomie, and to know when you are interacting with MyHomie Platform applications and websites, our widgets and Share buttons, and our advertisements. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use MyHomie.
Sharing information on MyHomie
MyHomie takes steps to ensure that others use information that you share on MyHomie in a manner consistent with your settings, but we cannot guarantee that they will follow our rules. Read the following section to learn more about how you can protect yourself when you share information with third parties.
We designed our Settings to enable you to control how you share your information on MyHomie. You should review the default Settings to make sure they reflect your preferences. Here are some specific things to remember:
- You can control the visibility of most of the information you share on MyHomie through the settings you select.
- Certain categories of information such as your name, profile photo, roommates, gender, geographic region, Neighborhood activity, and blog and forum activity are considered publicly available, and therefore do not have privacy settings. You can limit the ability of others to find this information on third party search engines through your search settings.
- Some of the content you share and the actions you take will show up on your friends’ home pages and other pages they visit.
- Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your Settings, or it was copied or stored by other users.
- You understand that information might be re-shared or copied by other users.
- Certain types of communications that you send to other users cannot be removed, such as messages.
- When you post information on another user’s profile or comment on another user’s post, that information will be subject to the other user’s Settings.
- If you use an external source to publish information to MyHomie (such as a mobile application or another service, i.e., API Third Party service), you should check the privacy setting for that post, as it is set by that external source.
“Neighborhood” Setting. This feature is *not* yet LIVE. When it is, information set to “Neighborhood” will publicly available information, may be accessed by everyone on the Internet (including people not logged into MyHomie), is subject to indexing by third party search engines, may be associated with you outside of MyHomie (such as when you visit other sites on the internet), and may be imported and exported by us and others without privacy limitations. The default privacy setting for certain types of information you post on MyHomie is set to “everyone.” You can review and change the default settings in your Settings. If you delete “everyone” content that you posted on MyHomie, we will remove it from your MyHomie profile, but have no control over its use outside of MyHomie. For more information, reference Terms of Service, 6. Neighborhood Content.
Exporting Information. You (and those you make your information available to) may use tools like RSS feeds, transferable calendars information, mobile phone synch, or copy and paste functions, to capture and export information to and from MyHomie, including your information and information about you.
MyHomie Platform *Coming Soon*
MyHomie is not just a website. It is also a service for sharing your information on MyHomie-enhanced applications, websites, and devices. You will be able to control how you share information with those third-party applications and websites through your settings and you can learn more about how information is shared with them on our MyHomie Platform page once it is live on MyHomie. MyHomie Platform is not yet live, but will be coming soon.
Information we receive
Location Information. When you share your location with others or add a location to something you post, we treat that like any other content you post (for example, it is subject to your Settings). If we offer a service that supports this type of location sharing we will present you with an op
Site activity information. We keep track of most of the actions you take on MyHomie, such as adding a roommate, creating or joining an event, creating a payee, sending a reminders, alerting another user with a Bulleting, or authorizing any private or public application. In some cases you are also taking an action when you provide information or content to us. For example, if you engage in any activity whatsoever on MyHomie’s Neighborhood feature.
Access Device and Browser Information. When you access MyHomie from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
Advertisements. Advertisers who present ads on MyHomie use technological methods to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. You may opt-out of the placement of cookies using your browser cookie settings to limit or prevent the placement of cookies by advertising networks.
How MyHomie shares personal information with other parties
We share customer information only as described below and with affiliates. MyHomie, Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses MyHomie Does Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Marketplace sellers, these businesses operate stores at MyHomie or sell offerings to you at MyHomie. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: MyHomie may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of MyHomie customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Settings.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise).
- Protection of MyHomie and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MyHomie, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
MyHomie may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations; (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that MyHomie links
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
About Third-Party advertisers and links to other websites
MyHomie will include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. MyHomie does not intentionally provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
MyHomie reserves the right to display personalized third-party advertising based on personal information about users, such as purchases through MyHomie, visits to MyHomie Associate Web sites, or use of purchasing services like Amazon.com. Although MyHomie does not intentionally provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad (for example, users in the northwestern United States who bought or browsed for raincoats).
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use MyHomie.com
If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register for MyHomie or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please Contact Us.
We strongly recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices.
MyHomie participates in the Safe Harbor Program
MyHomie is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles agreed upon by the U.S. and the E.U. For more information about the Safe Harbor and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Web site. If you would like to contact MyHomie directly about the Safe Harbor program, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Terms of Service, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit MyHomie, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms of Service, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Delaware. If you have any concern about privacy at MyHomie, please Contact Us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our service changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Terms of Service are also subject to change. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our subsidiaries, Alexa Internet and A9.com; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Co-branded and Joint Offerings
Information you can access
Examples of information you can access easily at MyHomie include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences, and payee information); payment settings (including credit card information and gift certificate, gift card, and check balances); e-mail notification settings (including Alerts, Available to Order notifications, Delivers, Recommended for You, Special Occasion Reminders, and newsletters); recommendations (including recent product view history, prior order history, and Favorites); shopping lists and gift registries (including Wish Lists and Baby and Wedding Registries); Marketplace seller accounts; and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Requests, and Recommendations, Listmania lists, guides, personal profile, and MyHomie shared-account and neighborhood users).
Contact us by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
MY HOMIE LLC c/o Agents & Corporations, 1201 Orange Street, Suite 600, Wilmington, DE 19801
|Posted by Courtney 10:05 AM|